We are celebrating our 5th anniversary!
As 2013 draws to a close, we are proud to announce five years of successful service to our clients and industry professionals. It has been a pleasure to offer thorough, professional and unbiased analysis and support to our clients and we look forward to continuing the same (and more) in the future as we grow to meet the needs of our clients. We are working to expand our offerings and have added experienced professionals to our team, all in an effort to remain the top medico-legal consulting provider.
As the year comes to an end, we would like to share several exciting and important developments that you can expect from us in 2014:
First, Big Announcements for 2014:
1) We are changing our name! Because of the recent addition of the physicians to our expert list, we felt that a new name was in order to fully encompass our expanding services and expertise. We will continue to offer the same quality of service under our new brand with new offerings and expertise. Watch for the launch of our new name Godoy Medical Forensics, Inc. and our new website: www.GodoyMedical.net
2) We are adjusting our rates. After a comprehensive evaluation of the market following years of static pricing, the increasing demand for our services, and the realization that our rates are significantly below market, we have decided to increase our rates to reflect our experience and quality of service. Our plan is to make small adjustments to our pricing structure over the next 12-18 months to move us to a competitive rate structure and then we will make annual adjustments consistent with market factors thereafter. We appreciate your understanding and continued patronage.
We will continue to offer special pricing structures for our government clients including public defender’s offices and private attorneys working on court-appointed cases.
The rates for 2014 may be viewed here.
We hope you will support us in this change as the ability for us to stay in business is not possible without it. Please feel free to contact Tara at Tara@UniversityParkLNC.com with any questions.
Now, our Annual Update:
2013 has been an amazing year for the Company. Each year we continue to grow, which is represented in our volume of clients and matters served; our expanding areas of service; and revenue. In the past four years, we have reviewed 450 cases, and more than 30% of them have been in 2013. In 2009, we were limited to serving California clients. Now we have clients in 19 states with 6 added to our roster in 2013 – that’s 45% growth! A fun map of the states we service may be viewed here: http://bit.ly/18WDi15. Blue marks the states where we have both Criminal and Civil clients; Yellow represents civil matters only; and red represents criminal matters only. Don’t see your state? Be the first and see what we have to offer! Finally, our revenue is anticipated to grow by 25% this year compared to last. All of our hard work to provide you with top-notch service has paid off. We couldn’t have done it without your support!
While there are occasional cases that seem to come out of the blue, the vast majority of our new clients come through referrals and introductions from current clients. As always, referrals and repeat business are the biggest compliments you can give anyone – thank you so much for your continued support. If you ever have a need for our services or a colleague who may need support, we thank you in advance for introducing us.
Specifically, we want to thank the following public and private organizations for their high level of support, referrals and repeat business:
- San Francisco County Public Defender’s Office, CA
- San Joaquin County Public Defender’s Office, CA
- San Mateo Private Defender Panel, CA
- Colorado State Public Defender’s Office
- The 9th Judicial Circuit, FL
- 20th Judicial Circuit, FL
- Johnson & Johnson, CA
- Kirsch & Satawa, MI
- Carney Gillespie & Isitt, WA
Finally, we wanted to thank all of our clients by offering a one-time discount of 10% off of your next Initial Analysis or Merit Screen Report. Please reference this newsletter in your next new case form and your discount will be automatically applied to your invoice. You can get an additional 10% off another case by referring us to your colleagues (New clients receive the 10% adjustment, too!!) – have your colleagues note your name in the “how’d you hear about us?” field of the new case form and we will apply a credit to your account for the next case.
Other new things to come: We will be offering short weekly webinars on a variety of topics; our goal is to keep them at or under 15 minutes in length, very much like a podcast or an audio blog. The written blog will be returning and it will offer substantive information and tips to help our clients! Newsletters will continue but expect to see some new formats as we will no longer be using vertical response.
As always, we can’t do it without your support! Thank you for everything you have done and we hope you have a wonderful holiday season.
 Public Defender’s Offices are limited to 3 discounts from different attorneys; first come first served. No combining discounts.