This presentation is designed to teach attorneys and investigators about the injuries that can result from Abusive Head Trauma (AHT), formerly known as Shaken Baby Syndrome. This presentation also covers related injuries such as fractures and retinal hemorrhages, and medical conditions that can mimic AHT. The purpose of this presentation is to assist attorneys and investigators with a basic understanding AHT. Forensic nurse evaluation of AHT cases will be discussed throughout the presentation.
Jul 27 2022
No event found!
- Mechanism of injury
- Intracranial hemorrhaging
- Timing/Dating of injuries
- Retinal hemorrhages
Upon completion of this course, the attendee will:
- Be familiar with mechanism of injury associated with Abusive Head Trauma
- Have an understanding of types of injuries associated with Abusive Head Trauma
- Be aware of the mimics that correlate with Abusive Head Trauma
Submit New Case:
Sign up for: