With the legalization of marijuana and the recent innovations in the delivery and ingestion of Cannabis in both psychoactive and non-psychoactive forms, there has been a surge of Cannabis related cases in the criminal arena. This presentation is designed to educate attorneys and investigators on the DRE process and how it applies when Cannabis is the drug perceived to be resulting in impairment.
- Chemical breakdown/Toxicology
- Retrograde extrapolation discussion
- DRE – a review of the 12-step evaluation
- Scientific studies
- Court cases
Upon completion of this course, the attendee will:
- Be familiar with the chemical breakdown of THC and understand the psychoactive vs non-psychoactive metabolites.
- Have an understanding of the DRE 12-step process.
- Be aware of the pitfalls of Field Sobriety Tests and the DRE examination
- Be familiar with some studies and court cases related to THC and DRE examinations
Submit New Case:
Sign up for: