Forensic Nurse Expert – Job Description
- 1 in San Francisco Bay Area
- 1 in Southern CA – anywhere between LA County and San Diego County
- 1 SANE position – can be anywhere in the nation, but west coast is preferred.
Position: Part time Employee 5-20 hours a week, with a possible build to full time
About the Company
Godoy Medical Forensics was founded in 2009 with one nurse and is now a consulting company that contracts with 4 physicians and employs 6 nurses. We have a full-time Director of Operations and a part time office assistant. Our offices are located in Pleasanton. We accept criminal defense and prosecution cases as well as civil cases for both the plaintiff and the defense. The majority of our
cases are in criminal law.
The Forensic Nurse Expert (FNE) provides expert opinions and professional reports to attorneys in criminal and civil matters. The FNE is expected to represent the company in a manner that is professional and reputable. The FNE position is a new position that is designed to support the current lead FNE as growth demands.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Case review – The nurse will be required to review pertinent discovery in criminal and civil matters, provide verbal consultation with attorneys and offer opinions including those that relate to medical conditions, traumatic injuries, medication affects.
- Written reports – The nurse must be capable of writing professional reports, citing credible
resources and produce a product that is free of grammatical mistakes.
- Testimony – The nurse must be willing to provide testimony. Most of the testimony will be located
within 100 miles of the her home/office but nurse must be willing to occasionally travel outside
that area, including out of state, with full compensation for travel and travel time.
- Sales/Marketing – The nurse will be expected to deliver presentations and exhibit at conferences
for lead generation and company growth and development.
- Continuing Education – The nurse will need to obtain a Certification in Forensic Nursing, and start
that program within 6 months of employment. Other continuing education may be required to
establish expertise in various areas.
- Other – Other tasks may include preparation of chronologies, locating and screening experts, and
general assistance of other staff. As the position is developed, other tasks and duties may be assigned.
- Spoken: Native-tongue level fluency in English, with clear articulation and professional delivery.
- Written: Written reports must be high quality, fluent and free of grammatical errors or plagiarism.
- Public Speaking skills: Must be comfortable with public speaking and able to deliver a presentation or testimony without outward signs of anxiety.
- 5 years of clinical experience in the Emergency Department or Trauma ICU
- Registered Nurse license that is current and free of any negative history
- Clean criminal record
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or related field
- SANE certification
- Forensic Nurse Certification
- Testimony experience
- Public speaking experience
- Previous consulting experience (civil or criminal)
- Professional attire during client interactions, both in and out of the courtroom, is required.
- No excessive tattoos or jewelry is allowed.
On the job training:
- Training will be provided and is expected to be necessary. Training will include shadowing the current lead FNE and mentorship.