Forensic Nurse Expert – Job Description
Current openings as of October 2021:
- 2 in Northern California/Northern Nevada
- 2 in Southern California/Southern Nevada
- 1 in Virginia
- 1 in Idaho/Montana/Wyoming
- 1 in Southern States (GA/AL/TN preferred)
- 1 SANE position – can be anywhere in the nation.
Position: Part time Employee 5-20 hours a week
About the Company
Godoy Medical Forensics was founded in 2009 with one nurse and is now a consulting company that contracts with 4 physicians and a forensic toxicologist. Godoy Medical has thrived over the years and continues to grow. Currently, we employs 8 nurses, 3 project managers and 2 administrative staff members. Our offices are located in the East San Francisco Bay Area. We accept criminal defense and prosecution cases as well as civil cases for both the plaintiff and the defense. The majority of our cases are in criminal law.
The Forensic Nurse Expert (FNE) provides expert opinions and professional reports to attorneys in criminal and civil matters. The FNE is expected to represent the company in a manner that is professional and reputable.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Case review – The nurse will be required to review pertinent discovery in criminal and civil matters, provide verbal consultation with attorneys and offer opinions including those that relate to medical conditions, traumatic injuries, medication affects.
- Written reports – The nurse must be capable of writing professional reports, citing credible resources and produce a product that is free of grammatical mistakes.
- Testimony – The nurse must be willing to provide testimony. Most of the testimony will be located within 100 miles of the her home/office but nurse must be willing to occasionally travel outside that area, including out of state, with full compensation for travel and travel time.
- Sales/Marketing – The nurse may be asked to deliver presentations and exhibit at conferences for lead generation and company growth and development.
- Continuing Education – Continuing Education is expected of all our FNE’s based on their area(s) of specialty. Many of our nurses have chosen to obtain a Certification in Forensic Nursing.
- Other – Other tasks may include preparation of chronologies, locating and screening experts.
- Spoken: Native-tongue level fluency in English, with clear articulation and professional delivery.
- Written: Written reports must be high quality, fluent and free of grammatical errors or plagiarism.
- Public Speaking skills: Must be comfortable with public speaking and able to deliver a presentation or testimony without outward signs of anxiety.
- 5 years of clinical experience in the Emergency Department or Trauma ICU
- Registered Nurse license that is current and free of any negative history
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or related field
- Clean criminal record
- SANE certification
- Forensic Nurse Certification
- Testimony experience
- Public speaking experience
- Previous consulting experience (civil or criminal)
On the job training:
- Training will be provided and is expected to be necessary. Training may include shadowing the current lead FNE and mentorship.
Send CV/Resume and cover letter (optional) to KayceeB @ GodoyMedical.net