Blunt Force Trauma: What every Attorney/Investigator needs to know
This presentation is designed to teach attorneys and investigators about various injuries that result from Blunt Force Trauma. Bruises/Contusions, Abrasions, Lacerations and Avulsions are all discussed with definitions, examples and information on each wound. Dating of bruises is included as well is information on multiple injuries. Pressure ulcer prevention, assessment and staging are discussed. The purpose of the presentation is to assist attorneys and investigators in understanding the causative factors behind injuries from Blunt Force Trauma and provide them with in-depth knowledge regarding the potential indications of such injuries.
- Differentiate from Ecchymosis
- Literature/Dating of Bruises
- Case Study
- Differentiate from Cut/Incision
- One mechanism can cause multiple injury types
Other Injuries – Patterned Injuries
Upon completion of this course, the attendee will:
- Be familiar with the accuracy of dating of bruises and the literature related to it.
- Be familiar with the types of soft tissue injuries commonly seen in Blunt Force Trauma
- Be able to recognize patterned injuries related to bruises, abrasions and lacerations.
“Very informative and well organized. Medical information was explained in a common sense way—easy to understand/follow. I also appreciated the list of other areas and topics covered by Godoy Medical Forensics. I am glad I attended.”
“I thought that the webinar was great. The information presented was applicable to my practice. The webinar flowed smoothly – I enjoyed the comical breaks and videos. It allows the attendees to rest their minds momentarily, and thus remain focused throughout the course of the webinar.”